Medicinal Plants Garden
Pharmacy course requires the students to learn and practice exploration and exploitation of drugs from various origins including the plant kingdom. Keeping in view this requirement, our college has set up a Medicinal Plant Garden comprising of different varieties of easily cultivable plants and herbs.
The Medicinal Plant Garden used for several purposes such as-
- To provide students the opportunity to learn pharmacognosy by studying the cultivation and preservation of medicinal, volatile oil yielding and aromatic plants from which several drugs and pharmaceuticals are obtained.
- To provide authenticated herbs and plant samples required in regular practicals and research investigations.
- To provide an opportunity to investigate the possibility of successfully cultivating exotic plants and herbs in the local geo-climatic environment.
- To provide an opportunity to study the factors essential for maximizing drug output of superior quality from plants and herbs.
The medicinal plant garden is situated in the campus of the institution. In garden, plants are categorized in two classes: Medicinal and aromatic plants
The garden functions as a display area for plants, herbs and spices as well as a source for conservation of several standard botanical specimens. The plants are cultivated and preserved in rectangular beds and are well labeled for easy identification and to facilitate teaching. Garden is also equipped with green house which saves plants from scorching heat in summers and useful for plants that need low temperature for proper growth.
List of Medicinal Plants
Herbal Hub Society
Institutional Herbal Hub Society is constituted by faculty members and students of the institution to perform various activities related to benefits and uses of natural products through demonstration during different activities in the college.
The constitution of the society is as under:
Medicinal Plants Garden & Herbal Hub Society Committee
- Ms. Manpreet Kaur, Convener
- Ms. Divneet Kaur, Member